What does that mean for you?
Aim of the work
A product of the Onejoon company is the so-called pusher plate furnace. In this type of furnace, the material to be heated is stacked on pusher plates. These plates are pushed through the industrial furnace in a row on the so-called push track. The transport of the plates on the ceramic kiln floor causes abrasion, which wears the plates. The plates are also subjected to high stresses due to the very high compressive forces of the thrust. Destruction of ceramic plates is also possible due to excessive temperature gradients during heating and unheating.
In the work put out to tender, a test rig for investigating different plate materials (various ceramic compositions as well as cast steel plates) is to be set up and put into operation at our site in Bovenden. Wear tests under temperatures of up to 1000 °C are to be carried out.
Structure of the work packages
- Familiarization with the subject area of furnace construction with a focus on push plates as well as different material compositions
- Planning, construction and operation of the trainer
- Carrying out realistic measurements
- Evaluation of the measured data
- Presentation of the results in an appropriate form
If required, the task can be adapted for the scope of a student research project, bachelor thesis or master thesis.
*Conceptualization of the process can also be worked on separately from the thesis as part of an employment as a working student (m/f/d).